1. Take the baby to see a doctor everywhere
When some parents take their baby to see a doctor, they always go to several hospitals. We need to know that many diseases can’t be cured with a single injection or a pill. The development of the diseases has a certain course, so it requires a certain amount of time for treatment to show effect. In fact, if the baby is suffering from a cold, as long as he has a good rest at home and takes medicine on time, he will generally recover in a few days. It’s harmful and useless to go to many hospitals with your baby. It will increase the chance for your baby to contact with other pathogens, and make the baby with reduced resistance easy to cross-infection. As a result, he may suffer from other infectious diseases, or aggravate the cold or even develop pneumonia.
2. Distrust doctors
Some baby diseases, the diagnosis will not be established soon, treatment will not be effective soon, such as cerebral palsy and other children’s nervous system diseases. This kind of disease needs enough time to observe repeatedly to show the therapeutic effect. But many parents are eager for success, and they are not willing to accept the doctor’s diagnosis. In order to alleviate their anxiety, they take their babies to seek treatment elsewhere, always hoping to hear the diagnosis they can accept. It is necessary to know that children’s neurodevelopmental diseases themselves show dynamic changes. This kind of discontinuous and irregular treatment is very easy to delay effective treatment time. Therefore, in addition to choosing a regular hospital with a certain level of medical treatment and facilities, we should fully trust doctors, actively cooperate with doctors, and create conditions for doctors to effectively diagnose and treat babies.
3. Delay medical treatment time in the case of high fever
Some babies often show fever at night, but their temperature returns to normal the next morning. In such a situation, many parents will think it’s OK and no longer pay attention to observation. In fact, the baby’s temperature will gradually rise in the afternoon, and they often have an infection in their bodies. If you wait until the fever is very severe again to see a doctor in a hurry, because of the rapid development of the child’s condition, it may delay the treatment time, or even cause high fever convulsion. Therefore, the baby should see a doctor in time when his temperature is high.
1. If the parents and other family members take the baby to see a doctor together, it is better to have one person make a specific statement when telling the doctor about the disease. When the expression is not accurate, let others correct or supplement it.
2. If the baby starts crying after entering the clinic, there is no need to shake, pat or tease loudly, which will not stop the baby’s crying, but will increase the noise of the clinic and affect the doctor’s auscultation.
3. It’s better to urinate or wrap the diapers before taking the baby into the clinic. Be careful that when the doctor checks the baby, the baby pours urine on the doctor.
4. When the baby has diarrhea, you should take a piece of feces the size of a broad bean from the diaper; when the urine is abnormal, you should collect the first urine in the morning, generally about 20 ml, which is helpful for the doctor’s diagnosis and treatment.
5. If the baby needs to take blood test the next morning, don’t eat after 7 o’clock the night before, otherwise it will affect the accuracy of the test results.
6. If the baby is in critical condition, if convulsion occurs, take it to the nearest hospital in time, so as to get the rescue time.
7. When taking the medicine after seeing the doctor, be sure to ask about the usage of the medicine. Pay attention to the cork of the liquid medicine bottle. Don’t pass the medicine bottle to the child to play so as not to break it.
8. Don’t forget to bring baby clinic manual, registration card, milk bottle, diaper, toilet paper, replacement clothes, wet paper towel, garbage bag, etc. when you go to the hospital.
9. Try to avoid using the telephone to report the illness, so as not to delay the illness. Many symptoms can’t be expressed clearly in words. Besides, parents’ medical knowledge is limited. Doctors must see the child before diagnosis.
10. If you have measured your baby’s temperature at home, you should state when, how many times and how many degrees it has been measured. If you haven’t measured your temperature, you can use the feeling of touching your baby’s forehead to describe the baby’s fever, such as a little hot, hot, scalding, etc.
11. Most of the time, babies get sick the late-night or on holidays. You’d better make an investigation in the hospital which is close to home and has good service, so that you won’t be at a loss when your baby is ill.