Sometimes, due to negligence or lack of knowledge, mummy will make the baby eat some food improperly, resulting in food poisoning, which will damage and threat to the baby’s health and life. How to protect the baby from these hazards? Mummy had better master some prevention and first aid methods at ordinary times.
Many families like to keep oleander as an ornamental, but its leaves, flowers and skin contain oleandrin, which has the function like digitalis and will affect the function of the heart. The baby is young and ignorant, sometimes he will be poisoned by eating by mistake.
After ingestion, the baby will suffer from nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, arrhythmia, dizziness, weakness and other toxic manifestations. Finally, convulsion and death may occur due to circulatory failure.
It’s better not to raise oleander at home. If you plant it, you should put it where the baby can’t pick it and teach the baby not to pick the leaves and flowers of oleander.
Poisoning by wild celery
Nowadays, eating wild vegetables is considered to be a fashionable way of life to return to nature. Many parents will take their babies to the countryside to pick all kinds of wild vegetables and make all kinds of dishes when they go home. But some wild vegetables are poisonous. Wild celery is one of them. If eaten by mistake, it will cause motor nerve paralysis.
The baby will be poisoned immediately after eating wild celery, which is manifested as burning pain in the mouth and throat, then fever, chest tightness, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, lethargy, unable to walk, resulting in quadriplegia, and finally death due to respiratory paralysis.
There are many kinds of wild celery. When you pick it, you must consult the experienced people. Don’t take it home blindly.
The datura can be seen in the streets, yard railings or external walls, roadsides and fields. The seeds of datura are round, just like beans, which are easily recognized as beans by babies and eaten by mistake. Datura contains atropine and tropine, which can paralyze the sympathetic nerve and stimulate the central nervous system.
After the datura is eaten by the baby by mistake, it usually falls ill in half an hour to one hour. At the beginning, the baby first appeared thirst, nausea and vomiting, hoarseness, dysphagia, flushing, mental excitement and other symptoms, accompanied by auditory hallucination, pulse acceleration, temperature rise, blood pressure rise first and then fall, breath first excited and then suppressed, and finally died due to respiratory arrest.
At ordinary times, parents should warn their baby that datura is poisonous and should not be eaten casually. Because datura is everywhere, adults must take care of it when taking the baby out to avoid eating it by mistake.