When a baby is just born, there is little rule of life. But as he grew up, his parents should gradually cultivate the regularity of his life from eating, sleeping, defecating and other aspects, so as to lay a solid foundation for his long-term development and growth. This is a necessary task for novice parents, and it is also a difficult task.
Generally, when the baby grows to about 3 months old, it begins to be able to distinguish day and night gradually. However, if the baby is forced to adapt to the pace of life of adults during this period, the baby is often unable to adapt, or even day and night reversed. In a word, when the baby is 3 months old, if you want to make clear the time interval of breast-feeding, the sleep time of the baby, and form a certain life rule, you can try to follow the following methods: (these methods are also applicable for 1-year-old and 2-year-old babies.)
(1) Wake up the baby at the same time every morning (such as between 6:00 and 7:00 in the morning).
(2) After getting up, let the baby feel the sunshine in the morning. Help baby know “morning”. For babies who can’t get up in any way, you can light up the room a little before waking them up.
(3) Carry out morning “ceremony”, such as washing face, changing clothes, etc. The key is to develop habits.
(4) On a sunny day, parents can take their baby for an outdoor walk before or after noon, or bask in the sun on the balcony or courtyard. Help the baby know “day”.
(5) Try to arrange lively games during the day and quiet games at night.
(6) Dinner and complementary food should be finished before 7:30 p.m.
(7) Take a bath at least one hour before going to bed.
(8) Turn off unnecessary electrical appliances when sleeping at night to keep the bedroom dark and quiet.
(9) Carry out “ceremony” before sleeping, such as changing pajamas, brushing teeth, telling stories, chatting, etc. Form these habits before going to bed to help your baby know “night”.
(10) Try to enter the bedroom at the same time every day, turn off the electrical appliances, and make the room dark.
(11) It is better to have parents to accompany the baby to sleep, which is conducive to reducing the baby’s fear of sleeping.
(12) Arrange an afternoon nap of about 2 hours every day. However, the length of naps varies from person to person. Mothers are advised to adjust their baby’s nap time while observing whether it has an impact on the night’s sleep. If the baby doesn’t want to take a nap, try to ask him to do something quiet, such as reading and painting, which is also a form of rest.
(13) The time of sleeping at night is proportional to the time of getting up in the morning. If the baby falls asleep a little later, it can also get up a little later.
(14) Although different from person to person, generally speaking, the sleep time in winter is longer than in summer. In winter, if you let your baby get up at the same time as in summer, your baby will often be very resistant, so you need to adjust the sleeping time appropriately according to your baby’s situation in different seasons.
Generally speaking, before the baby is 3 years old, if he can keep a certain rule of life all the time, it will become his basic rule of life, and the chaotic rhythm of life in early childhood will be controlled and reduced. On the contrary, if you don’t help your baby form a certain life rule from childhood, it’s too late to adjust even when you grow up.