Choosing the brand of milk powder, the way of brewing and the skills of feeding are also the courses that mothers need to learn.
Choice of Milk Powder
When mothers are unable to breast-feed for some reason, it is often impossible to distinguish which milk powder is most suitable for babies when faced with the strong recommendation and promotion of manufacturers and many brands of infant milk powder.
In fact, there is only one standard for the quality of infant milk powder – breast milk. The closer to breast milk ingredients, the better the quality of infant milk powder, the more suitable for newborn babies. Therefore, when you have to choose infant milk powder, you can use the composition analysis table of breast milk to analyze and compare different brands of milk powder. In fact, the components of various brands are very similar.
The composition of milk powder is very complicated. When choosing infant milk powder, we should generally know the content of protein, the percentage of whey protein and casein, the content of sugar, the composition of lactose and whether there are many unsaturated fatty acids in fat, and further compare the content of vitamins and minerals.
If you think it’s too troublesome to do so, take time to discuss with a doctor or dietitian, or ask them straightforwardly, “What milk powder does your child eat? Why? How does it react?” From these answers, it’s easy to know what milk powder is better for your child.
When feeding formula infant milk powder, the most important thing is to ensure the nutrition and cleanliness of food. Once handled improperly, the baby’s health will be influenced. In order to prevent bacterial reproduction, bottles, nipples and other instruments for breastfeeding must be disinfected from time to time in order to keep them clean.
Generally speaking, milk regulators should be prepared when feeding milk, including 6 to 8 bottles, nipples, bottle caps, measuring spoons, sterilizing pots, long tweezers, bottle brushes, etc.
There are three ways to disinfect the milk regulator: boiling, steam and drug disinfection. Boiling disinfection is to boil milk bottles, measuring spoons, bottle clips, etc. in a deep pot for 10 minutes, and then to boil nipples, caps and other non-heat-resistant things for 3-4 minutes. The method of drug disinfection is more convenient. Put the milk regulator in the disinfectant solution according to the instructions, and the disinfection effect can be achieved in 2 hours, but it must be noted that disinfection can last for about 24 hours at a time. If it exceeds this time, it should be re-disinfected.
Steam disinfection is more convenient and time-saving. It only takes ten minutes to complete the disinfection work.
1. Bottle feeding steps:
- Wash your hands with soap before making milk
- Sterilize bottles and milk regulators.
- Measure the amount of milk powder correctly with the spoon and the grinding stick attached to the milk powder can, don’t increase or decrease arbitrarily.
- Shake gently to dissolve completely.
- Drop milk on the inside of the wrist and feed at moderate temperature.
- When feeding, let the baby lie comfortably in the mother’s arms.
- In order to avoid the baby inhaling too much air, tilt the bottle to fill the nipple with milk.
- Pacifier hole should not be too big, so as not to flow out like a small water column and choke to the baby.
- After drinking milk, pour out the remaining milk out of the bottle.
- Most newborns take milk once every three to four hours.
- Before brewing milk, read the instructions on the milk powder can carefully. Don’t soak too thick or too thin.
- After feeding, hold the baby on the mother’s shoulder and pat his back until he belches.